grey

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

First off...I know it has been FOREVER since my last post. Sorry! My goal is to start posting more often, I started a blog for a reason, so I need to keep blogging. Anyways....moving on!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE! I just want to say I have so much to be thankful for. I have the greatest family and friends in the world! I am so lucky!

I was supposed to work today, but I got a phone call at 5:30 this morning telling me they were pushing me back to 10:00, and our charge nurse would call me. Kind of annoyed, because I can't do anything just yet, but also excited at the possibility of getting the holiday off (I will miss the holiday pay though, oh well). So I was already up and showered and packing to go to my parents, so I couldn't really go back to sleep. So I caught up on my DVR, I totally needed that! Then I got a call at 10:00 saying they are pushing me back until 1:00...ughh! So annoying! I can't go to my parents yet, because they could call at any moment and ask me to come in, so more waiting! I'm still waiting....

She said if I didn't hear from her by 1:00 then consider me cancelled...well guess what! My car is packed and I'm dressed and ready and when the clock says 1:00 you better believe that I am pulling out of this parking lot and not coming back!!! (Just hope my car makes it...my check engine light came on yesterday and didn't want to start until after a few tries..)

I am so ready to eat all of my faves! I don't care how many calories are consumed today! It's the holidays, who doesn't gain a few pounds?! Besides I'll burn lots off tomorrow when I go shopping with all the crazies and fight for good deals! It isn't like I really even need anything, it's just tradition. We get up before the sun and make our rounds. We check the papers the night before and plan out our route...it's fun! People watching is really one of the greatest things though. Wall-mart last year was OUT OF CONTROL! People were pushing and shoving and within seconds the shelves were empty. It was complete craziness! Yet I still enjoy it! haha

I'm sure I'll end up buying too many things tomorrow, hopefully more for others and less for myself. I would really like to get most of my Christmas shopping done early this year. I work for the three days before Christmas so I must get everything done early, there will not be any time for me to do last minute anything.

Oh and P.S. I already decorated my apartment for Christmas last weekend...I know before Thanksgiving is a No-No, but I did it anyways. It looks fabulous! I'll post pics later, I gotta get a new memory card for my camera first...(that one is on the list for a good deal tomorrow!!)

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!

Love ya,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment