grey

Monday, June 18, 2012

Life’s Simple Pleasures

This past weekend was yet another wonderful weekend spent with new friends and family. Unfortunately it flew by too fast and it’s Monday, again…Ohh, how I miss the days of college that included long weekends and frequent vacations. Adults really should get more time off. I think everyone would be happier and maybe a little more productive…just sayin’.

Friday I went to a shower for a couple I had only met once (I was attending as a date). I felt a little out of place because I didn’t really know them. There were a few new friends I have made there which made it better, and there were a few old acquaintances as well, which was unexpected. There was friend from high school that I cheered with, don’t think I’d seen here since right after graduation. There was also a friend I used to hang out with in college and her husband, they were friends of my ex, which was a little random and awkward, but fine. It’s funny how life brings you to people from your past sometimes. It really is a very small world. We spent the rest of the night just hangin’ out and laughin’; telling stories and dancing in the kitchen. Just chill and relax, that’s the way it needs to be. I came home Saturday to spend the day being productive, despite the multiple invitations to do something fun. I said no for once, which I rarely ever do, and decided to be responsible and get my long list of to do’s done, but I only really put a dent in it. I passed on tubing down the Chattahoochee River and a Brave’s game. Just this once though, next time I’m all in. I love tubing down the river, we went so many times last summer and it’s just something fun to do. There are few things better than relaxing and floating in the sun with a beer in hand!

Yesterday I spent Father’s Day at my parent’s. We just hung out and played backyard games. We played a little crochet and corn hole. My sister, Andy, and I got my daddy a corn hole set, which he has always wanted. He was so excited. We grilled out dinner with my grandparents, my Aunt, and my cousin. It was a nice relaxing day spent with loved ones. Those are the best moments in life. I’m truly blessed with a family that I am so lucky to have, and the greatest friends in the world.

Now, I just gotta get through this busy week and get things done for the baby shower I’m throwing Saturday and I’ll be 8 days from my beach vacation!! I. Cannot. Wait!! I’ve got lots to do and figure out between now and then! I should start packing early…because we all know it always take me way longer than it should to pack. I always seem to over think it…oh well! Can’t say I’m never prepared! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment