grey

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snowed In

So Atlanta got hit with a major snow storm on Sunday night. I can't believe how much snow fell so fast. I went to church then dinner and snow flurries had just begun on the way home. 1 1/2 hours later there were almost 2 inches on the ground...it was CRAZY! I was supposed to work Monday, needed to be there at 6:30. I got up early in anticipation of uncovering my car with snow. But had no idea it would be covered with 6 inches of snow. I thought my hands were going to freeze and fall off. So I get my car mostly uncovered for it to not even start...REALLY?!

So I called them and let them know. While outside I heard a car trying to get up the hill outside of our apartment complex and all I heard were spinning tires. Even if my car did start I probably would have been sliding too! So needless to say I felt bad I couldn't get there, but what was I supposed to do?!

Now I am supposed to go in tomorrow and Thursday...this should be fun! Work called me today and pretty much said you better be here tomorrow and since you weren't here yesterday you gotta work this weekend...great thanks! But hope I can get there. My car started today, I got up the hill only because a path was cleared from those cars with 4 wheel drive. But I almost got stuck twice and I slid a couple of times and that was a 2pm when stuff was melted and it was 33 degrees outside. It will all refreeze tonight and no one will have driven on it. Hope my coworker's husband's truck is better than my car cause they are picking me up. Hey if I can't make it this time, at least it's not my fault and they can't blame me again. They can't say I didn't try (which is what I think they think now).

Why did I pick a profession that can't close!! I need an office job! (then I would have holidays off too)

No comments:

Post a Comment